eCredable and its verification partners are members of the National Consumer Reporting Association (NCRA). We will conduct our investigations in compliance with the NCRA’s Data Quality Standards and Code of Ethics to meet all lender requirements for accuracy and authenticity, and to eliminate fraud. We are committed to the quality of the data we present to our members and their credit grantors.
The National Consumer Reporting Association, Inc.
Formally known as the National Credit Reporting Association, The NCRA is a national trade organization of consumer reporting agencies and associated professionals that provide products and services to hundreds of thousands of credit grantors, employers, landlords and all types of general businesses. Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Bloomingdale, Illinois, NCRA serves members in the United States and Puerto Rico. NCRA's membership includes two of every three mortgage credit reporting agencies in the United States that can produce a credit report that meets the requirements of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and HUD for mortgage lending. Additionally, their members produce reports for employment screening and tenant screening.
As a member of NCRA, eCredable.com pledges to promote and uphold the following Code of Ethics and obligate ourselves:
- To fully understand and strictly follow all applicable federal and state laws relating to the consumer credit and credit reporting industries.
- To maintain procedures, including the refusal to delete or change information obtained from reliable sources, which will result in the provision of credit reports to our customers, which meet the highest standards of accuracy for the mutual benefit of the customer and the consumer.
- To fully and accurately disclose credit-reporting information to consumers who are the subjects of credit reports in order to further promote the accuracy of our data and the trust of the public.
- To treat all information with the utmost confidentiality and adopt appropriate procedures to that end.
- To conduct our business in a manner reflecting honor and integrity, and report fraudulent and unethical practices to the appropriate authorities.
- To recognize our obligations to our communities as active citizens and keep fully informed on the economic and legal conditions and responsibilities affecting the industry.
- To compete in an ethical manner and make no misrepresentations about others or ourselves.
- To resolve disputes between members in a dignified and professional manner.
- To serve only the most reputable persons in the most reputable manner.
- To terminate business relationships with persons who deviate from the principles underlying this Code of Ethics.
- For more information visit http://www.ncrainc.org/