If you're trying to establish or rebuild your credit, a secured credit card can help you build a solid credit history and raise your credit score. The issuer holds your refundable deposit as "security," and you use the secured card just like any other credit card.
U.S. News’ Best Secured Credit Cards
Best Secured Credit Cards of May 2021
- BankAmericard® Secured Credit Card: Best feature: Monthly FICO credit score access for free.
- Secured Mastercard® from Capital One: Best feature: Potential access to a higher credit line in six months.
- Discover it® Secured Credit Card: Best feature: Secured purchases.
- Citi® Secured Mastercard®: Best feature: No annual fee.
- U.S. Bank Secured Visa® Card: Best feature: Interest-earning security deposit.